Clary Kids

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Reflections on turning 30

Okay, they changed how you do this, so I'm not sure how the picture will turn out. Anyway, I always feel kinda sad around my birthday, like it's supposed to be this really special day and it's not. But then I was reading yesterday in Psalm 39 "Oh Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am..." It was good perspective for me. It really doesn't matter if my drivers license says I'm thirty and I won't always look young. This is not what matters in life. It's so easy to get caught up in it, but I am grateful the Lord chose to show me that knowing Him and making Him known is what is truly important. And getting older means knowing Him more, and for that I am so grateful. And speaking of blessings, this picture shows my biggest blessings, a wonderful husband and two amazing kids. So much better than I could ever deserve, thank you God!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home