Clary Kids

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Why?????

A month or so ago, I was mentioning to a friend that Reese had not begun asking 'why?'. My friend responded that Reese was a pretty black and white kid, and maybe she just didn't need to know 'why?'. Well, magically after she turned 3, that question started coming out of her mouth. And wow, is it exhausting. I used to enjoy taking just one kid on errands with me, it was much less stressful and a bit of a bonding experience. But now, all I hear is, 'why this', and 'why that', until I'm feeling a bit crazy. I'm glad to know she is developing normally, but no one ever told me how tiring it was to answer why questions ALL DAY LONG!
And just to add a picture, here is one of the kids getting ready for their trip to the beach. Reese keeps bringing me books that have ocean scenes in them, I think she is pretty excited to go.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a good answer that has been satisfying brenna lately is "because God decided to make it that way." it works for now anyway.

6:08 PM  
Blogger The Reillys said...

Well, I coulda told you that! It is exhausting! Abigail started asking why somewhere after 2, and I thought she'd grow out of it, but at nearly 4, not so much.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Life with la familia said...

I feel your pain, girl! My personal favorite is when we have so talked through a situation that we are already back to the beginning and he asks 'Why?" again!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home