Clary Kids

Monday, May 21, 2007

Reese's Evaluation

Hey everyone. I wanted to give you the update on Reese. She had her evaluation with a speech pathologist today. She thinks that Reese may have an auditory processing disorder, which means she sometimes has a hard time understanding what has been spoken to her, which is why she will repeat what is said at times. She does not qualify for any sort of therapy, they just said for me to continue to work with her to get her to answer yes/no and either/or questions and if I was still concerned in about six months to call them back. When she explained what she was thinking, it really made sense and explained much of her behavior. And Michael is pretty sure he has the same thing, having a hard time distinguishing from background noise and sometimes having trouble hearing what someone is saying. We are relieved to know that autism or anything like that has been ruled out. I feel like I can quit analyzing everything she says and wondering what's wrong with her. I really feel like the Lord answered my prayers in that I was confident in the woman's evaluation and diagnosis of Reese and that it is nothing too serious. Thanks to everyone who prayed and asked about it. We are so thankful to have such wonderful friends and family who intercede for us. God has truly been so good to us and we are beyond grateful.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger The Reillys said...

Glad to hear all is well with your sweet girl. The pictures of them are so cute. Sure wish our kids could play together, I think they'd be pals.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home